7.22.2011

All-Time Trust

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is our refuge." -Psalm 62:8 (HCSB)

There are two interesting thoughts I had. How both good times and bad times can lead us to not trust in God.

When things go well, we credit ourselves. When things go bad, we point the finger at God.

How people can think like this is beyond me - but yet when I drill down to the guts of it, I'm like that, too. More so with the good times than the bad. Because when things go bad, I go to Him as my refuge. Of course the question is do I do that right away? Which of course the answer is not always. David's message to the people is that God can be trusted and should be trusted all the time. He is our refuge. He hears us when we pour our hearts out to Him. In good and bad, we must trust Him. Because He has proven His trust-ability to be 100%.

Trust Him all the time. Because He is trustworthy all the time. Live in His trust. Take refuge in His trust. Be bold in His trust.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment