9.06.2011

College Football Week 1 Picks Recap

After a weekend full of touchdowns and lightning delays, it is time to check in and see why you shouldn't rely on my analysis...

Kent State @ Alabama - Alabama wins 48-7. I figured the Tide would roll (pun intended) over the Golden Flashes. A dominating defense will need to be ready for Happy Valley this weekend. (1-0)

South Florida @ Notre Dame - South Florida wins 23-20. Look, I don't care who's coaching the Irish. I'm sure all Notre Dame people are nice. But when will the people who vote on these polls realize Notre Dame is ranked at least 10 spots too high every season. I thought ND would struggle, not shoot themselves in the foot over and over.  (2-0)

UCLA @ Houston - Houston wins 38-34. I said 35-31 Houston. That's pretty darn good. You'd think I could do this picking thing for a living.  (3-0)

BYU @ Ole Miss - BYU wins 14-13. We saw some Stormin' Mormon fans at the Memphis Zoo yesterday. The cougars smiled at them; the black bears growled at them; and I was surprised they made it out of The Grove.  (3-1)

Boise State vs. Georgia - Boise State wins 35-21. Even Georgia's snazzy uniforms could not stop the Broncos. The Boise Bandwagon will be full again this year.  (4-1)

Oregon vs. LSU - LSU wins 40-27. Maybe Les Miles is sane, and we're the ones who are crazy. I don't know. But he gets the job done. Oregon had too many turnovers but did have the coolest uniforms of the weekend.  (4-2)

Season to Date: 4-2

More winners from this weekend: Mississippi State's offensive ratings, Auburn's special teams' coach, Rice's band ($EC)

Other losers this weekend: The Larry Porter Revolution, Maryland's helmets, UK's wide receivers, and Tennessee (because I'm the author of this post)

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment