9.15.2011

College Football Week 3 Picks

Some rather important games on the schedule this weekend, including a showdown in Tallahassee that I'm excited about. Onward we go!

LSU @ Mississippi State (+4.5): A Thursday night showdown in the SEC. LSU might be the team to beat in the SEC West (Alabama may disagree of course), and Mississippi State does not want to start the season 0-2 in the division. Thursday night. Home underdog. The cowbells ringing through the night. The only thing I'm worried about is how Les Miles manages to pull out a victory, but we'll ride the Bullies again.
The Pick: Mississippi State 16-13

Auburn @ Clemson (-3.0): It was wild and crazy, but Auburn found a way to stop Mississippi State at the 3-inch line last week. This week, they travel to Clemson, where the battle of the Tigers should again be another crazy game. At some point, Auburn will lose. My expert analysis says they will this week.
The PickClemson 35-27

Tennessee @ Florida (-9.0): This game now is a little more interesting since Tennessee is actually good some people think Florida may be "down" this year. I wish they still had ties in college football, because I would certainly hope for one here. One team will win. One team will lose. I don't really care which one is which.
The Pick: Florida 31-24

Michigan State @ Notre Dame (-4.5): At some point, I'll quit picking Notre Dame games, but picking against them is too fun. They might win finally, but they won't cover.
The Pick: Notre Dame 23-21

Louisville @ Kentucky (-6.0): Let me be perfectly clear. I grew up in Memphis; I cheer for Kentucky; I want Memphis to do well, too. There was absolutely no way Louisville stood a chance at being liked by me. Kentucky will make it 5 straight victories over the Dirty Birds. No question about it.
The Pick: Kentucky 27-17

Game of the Week:
Oklahoma @ Florida State (+3.5): #1 vs. #5. This showdown is going to feature talent all over the field. Jimbo Fisher has the 'Noles on the right track, and a win for the 'Noles would catapult them into BCS consideration. Last year, Oklahoma humiliated FSU in Norman. This year the Seminoles will get revenge.
The Pick: Florida State 34-31

There you have it, my readers. 6 games. 6 picks.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment